I have a baking project for you: protein matcha banana bread!
We’ve already had a conversation about one of my most recent obsessions – tigernuts. If you missed it, catch up here. If you follow me on Instagram, you know my other not-so-secret obsession: matcha. From matcha lattes to matcha chia pudding, matcha overnight oats and matcha cacao energy balls, it gives every dish a smooth, delicious, green-tea like flavor.
So what happens when you mix two obsessions together in one heck of a healthy banana bread?
Dreamy, satisfying, flavorful heaven. I even had to close my eyes a little bit to savor every bite a little deeper, merging into superfood oneness.
Using only whole food ingredients like tigernut flour (it’s raw and gluten-free), premium matcha, healing powdered moringa leaf, clean plant-based protein, and raw stone ground nut butter, this moist, flavorful banana bread with crunchy almonds and pumpkin seeds will turn your dessert/breakfast or snacktime upside down. Yes, it’s THAT dreamy. Need I say it’s also a nutritional powerhouse that is guaranteed to keep you satisfied and energized?
Oh, and thanks to potent moringa leaf, this matcha banana bread is officially a green food. We all know pretty much anything green is universally good for you. Enjoy!
PROTEIN MATCHA BANANA BREAD WITH TIGERNUTS
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats, pulsed in blender for about 30 seconds or until they turn into powder OR 1/2 cup coconut flour for paleo version
- 1/2 cup tigernut flour
- 1 serving of plant-based protein (plain or vanilla, I recommend Sprout Living Plant-Based Superfood protein)
- 1 tbs Moringa powder (I recommend More Moringa)
- 1 tbs matcha
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 eggs (or vegan egg replacement: just combine 1 tbs. chia seeds or flaxseed meal with 2.5 tbs. water, mix and let set for 5 minutes to activate)
- 1/3 cup nut butter (I recommend almond or sunflower butter from Dastony)
- 1/2 cup nut milk or TigerNuts Horchata, Original
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds and chopped almonds for topping
- Optional: serve with almond butter drizzle and a side of cashew milk matcha latte
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch loaf pan with tigernut oil (coconut oil works, too).
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add nut butter, eggs (or egg replacement) and nut milk, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all dry ingredients: flour, protein powder, matcha, moringa, baking soda and salt. Stir that into the banana mixture.
- Pour into a greased pan and top with pumpkin seeds and chopped almonds.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry.