Some mornings call for a warm, nourishing slice of a yummy loaf. And yes, there IS a way to keep it simple, real and healthy. Sophie Bradshaw of Sophie’s Blend got it right and is generously sharing her recipe here with us!
Ingredients: (makes 1 loaf)
- 175g almonds or almond meal
- 25g desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Cinnamon, to dust
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Pulse the almonds in a food processor until a flour forms. (If you already have almond meal, just skip this part)
- Transfer in to a bowl and add the coconut, baking powder and sea salt. Stir well with a wooden spoon so it’s all combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 3 eggs for a minute before adding in the maple syrup and blueberries. Give one last stir and slowly add in to the dry mix!
- Give it a good stir, folding and making sure there is no dry mixture left.
- Transfer in to a silicone loaf shaped baking dish – don’t worry if you don’t have a silicone one, just use a regular one but remember to line and grease it!
- Smooth with the back of a spoon and add on some extra blueberries for decoration and sprinkle on some more coconut and cinnamon.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes and fiiiinally grab a knife….
- DIVE IN!