I’m all about finding creative ways to add more veggies to my smoothies without compromising the flavor.
I’m talking about you, creamy blueberry zucchini smoothie and kale & fig smoothie. The newest player on my team of breakfast ingredients is… cauliflower!
Think about the most creamy dreamy cauliflower purée soup… that same creamy texture could be part of your morning smoothie!
But WHY cauliflower?
Some of the benefits are:
- Boosts brain and bone health
- Helps prevent stomach disorders
- Strengthens the immune system
- Supports electrolyte balance
- Rich in dietary fiber
Rich in vitamins and minerals like anti-inflammatory vitamin K, omega-3 fatty acids, manganese, potassium, phosphorus, biotin & vitamins B1, B2, and B3.
The key to a cauliflower smoothie success is properly prepped cauliflower plus a balance of veggie and fruit ingredients paired with a healthy fat to bring it all together.
In this case, I blended cauliflower with juicy blueberries, earthy açaí, and creamy avocado for a grounding and nourishing Cauliflower Açaì Smoothie with Tambor Acai. The thick consistency makes it great as a smoothie, smoothie bowl or parfait layer.
Here I paired the smoothie with layers of plain almond yogurt with chia seeds and almond yogurt mixed with Blue Majik algae powder (spirulina’s cousin) for an out of this world blue color.
Cauliflower Açaì Smoothie
Ingredients: (makes 1 big smoothie)
- 2 Tambor Acai unsweetened frozen packs
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup steamed cauliflower (steamed until soft and cooled off for immediate use or frozen for later)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 avocado (can be replaced with 2 tablespoons coconut butter, almond butter or cashew butter)
- 1/2 tspn. cinnamon
- Make the smoothie sweeter by adding raw honey or a date
- Make it even more earthy by adding 2 teaspoons cacao
- Make it more fruity by adding 1/2 cup frozen raspberries