Oats don’t have to be boring. There are so many ways you can include them in your breakfast – from Raw Chocolate Bircher Muesli, to adding raw oats to your smoothies for a thicker texture, and chia oat pudding. Here’s one of my favorite superfood variations on the superfood chia oat smoothie bowl. Combination of magenta-colored pitaya and deep green spirulina creates this amazing deep purple shade.
Ingredients to Blend:
- 1/3 cup oats
- 3 tbs. chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut water (filtered water will work, too)
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 dragonfruit smoothie pack (I use Pitaya Plus, you can also buy powdered dragonfruit, use 1 serving)
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries and blueberries
- 1 kiwi
- 1 tbs. maca powder (optional, energy boost)
- 1 tbs. psyllium husk (optional, helps digestion)
- 1 tsp. spirulina
Toppings: Handful frozen blueberries and raspberries, handful goji berries, 1 tsp. flax seeds.
Soak oats and chia seeds in water or coconut water overnight. In the morning, blend with all other ingredients. Top with frozen berries, goji berries and flax seeds. Soaking chia and oats adds nutritional value to the bowl, however you can still make it without pre-soaking!
Get another version of this super popular recipe here: Chia Oat Pitaya Pudding Recipe