In our final installment of the Wellness Warrior Collective x Wanderlust Festival, Alexandra of In My Bowl and I partnered with Free People to share a few of our favorite post-yoga bites. While in Squaw Valley for Wanderlust Festival, we set an intention to really step up our snacking games. With our schedules jam-packed with yoga practices, meditative dance, and wildflower wanders, we knew we had to bring some solid, sustaining snacks along for the ride and be prepared to make the most nourishing recovery meals and treats to keep us going strong.
Research indicates a good, nourishing, and balanced snack or meal after a workout benefits performance and recovery (not to mention belly and taste bud satisfaction!). Here, we’re sharing our top 5 post-yoga/exercise recovery go-to’s with a few favorite recipes thrown in to get you back on your mat in a jiffy.
Wellness Warrior Collective’s Top 5 Post Yoga Bites
1. Avocado toast – so much more than an Instagram celebrity, we are absolutely smitten by the infamous avocado toast! When deliciously ripe avocado is combined with beautifying coconut oil and hearty, seedy bread, you’ve got yourself the perfect post-yoga (or really, anytime) meal. We love topping our toast with extra red pepper flakes for that magical pop of color and heat or spicing things up with this Avocado Turmeric Toast Recipe.
2. Purple Goddess Smoothie Bowl – when post-workout hunger hits, we know all too well a simple smoothie just doesn’t suffice. That’s where the smoothie BOWL comes in – your opportunity to make your everyday smoothie a bit more belly filling. Try adding healthy fat-packed ingredients like avocado, nut butter, or coconut oil for the perfect meal to not only help you recover, but get your creative juices flowing (think toppings!). We’re pretty fond of our berry and banana-rich Purple Goddess Smoothie Bowl, if we do say so ourselves!
Continue Reading our List on Free People’s BLDG 25 blog…
Purple Goddess Smoothie Bowl (makes 2 smoothie bowls)
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup frozen blackberries
- ⅔ banana
- ½ avocado
- 1 cup kale
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter (I used Philosophie Berry Bliss Organic Coconut Butter)
- Optional: 1-2 scoops plant protein (I love Sprout Living Vanilla Lucuma Superfood Protein)
In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients and blend well. Pour into your favorite bowl, top with your favorite goodies, and enjoy with love.
- ½ cup mixed berries
- ½ banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup dried coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup granola (I used Paleonola – Maple Pancake Paleo Granola)
- 1 tablespoon almond or peanut butter