Apple pie without the pie, but with all the deliciousness of this traditional dessert? Sign me up.
One cold fall evening, I found a whole tray of unused apples leftover from apple picking. Inspired by my grandma, who bakes whole apples lovingly stuffing them with prunes, walnuts, and a drizzle of honey, I created this deliciously crispy fuss-free Superfood Apple Crisp recipe.
Top the Apple Crisp with Steve’s PaleoKrunch Apple and Walnut Cereal OR when you don’t have time to bake your own crisp just have this delicious paleo cereal with coconut yogurt or milk.
Superfood Paleo Apple Crisp Recipe
- 4 medium apples, decored and chopped into 1/2-inch cubes (tart varieties are the best)
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil (2 for greasing the baking tray, 2 for the crisp)
- 3 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons Buckwheat Groats (I use Emmy’s Organics buckwheat)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons coconut shreds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Optional: 1 tablespoon ghee
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a baking tray with coconut oil.
- Mix all ingredients well, you can do it right in the tray.
- Bake until soft and golden, about 40 minutes.
- Serve with PaleoKrunch Apple and Walnut Cereal, optional ghee and love :)