A lot of you guys have asked me about granola. I try to make my own granola as much as I can, because I love knowing what goes into it. In this case, there’s no gluten, no refined sugars, no flour, no nonsense. It’s super easy to make! The result is delicious crunchy granola that’s vegan friendly, and full of antioxidants and healthy protein. Be creative and add your favorite superfoods!
You will need:
- Rolled oats, 3 cups
- Coconut oil, 5 tbsp
- Honey or brown rice syrup, 1/3 cup
- Cinnamon, 1 tbsp
- Lemon, 1/3
- Grated ginger, 1 inch
- Pumpkin seeds, 1/4 cup
- Sunflower seeds, 1/4 cup
- Mulberries, 1/3 cup
- Goji berries, 1/3 cup
- Dried cherries, 1/2 cup
- Walnuts, 1/3 cup
- Raw almonds, 1/2 cup
- Coconut flakes, 1/2 cup
- Warm up the oven to 325 F /170C.
- Chop finely peeled skin of 1/3 lemon, and mix it in a pot with 4 tb coconut oil, 1/3 cup agave syrup, 1 ts cinnamon, and 1 inch of grated ginger. Warm up on a stove until it starts boiling.
- In a big bowl, mix your agave mixture with 3 cups of oats of your choice (I used Bob’s Red Mill rolled whole grain gluten free oats from Vitacost), stir well!
- Add 1/2 cup of pumpkin & sunflower seeds
- Bake on foil lightly greased with coconut oil for 35 mins, flipping and stirring granola a couple of times after first 15 mins.
- In a bowl, add your favorite nuts and superfood goodies! I used 1/3 cup mulberries, 1/3 cup goji berries, 1/2 cup dried cherries, 1/3 cup walnuts, 1/2 cup raw almonds, 1/2 cup dried coconut flakes. Mix, store in containers with tight lids & enjoy!
Here are some of my favorite ways to eat homemade granola, see more on my Instagram!