So honored for my recipe to be featured in a publication with substance and amazing aesthetic.
See original post on www.zooeymagazine.com
Açaí is one of the most delicious ways to start your day (and a healthy one at that!) My favorite part about açaí is of course, açaí smoothie bowls, and the fact that you can make them your own depending on what you have available. I like to go for seasonal produce – for example, in November I would make pumpkin açaí bowls, and in summer it’s all about fresh berries. This Strawberry Nectarine is one of my favorite variations on the bowl so far – give it a try!
– 1 unsweetened smoothie pack (I use Tambor Acai)
– ½ banana (use frozen for creamier consistency)
– 1/2 cup strawberries
– ½ nectarine
– 2/3 cup coconut water
– Optional: 1 tablespoon of liquid chlorophyll (to get your dose of greens without even tasting them!)
Ingredients for Topping:
– 1/3 cup granola of choice (I used Purely Elizabeth Blueberry Hemp Ancient Grain Granola)
– ½ nectarine
– 2 strawberries
– ½ banana
– 2 tbsp coconut chips (Such as Dang)
Blend all the ingredients in the first section, then top with ingredients from the second section. Enjoy!
Trick of trade:
The order in which you load the ingredients into your blender matters! For the best result, start with liquid, then add fresh solid ingredients and powders, then frozen ones. Blending will be much easier and faster this way.