I’m all about cosmic breakfasts – ones that combine nourishing, healing powers of the most nutrient dense superfoods, and serve as a creative outlet (one that you get to indulge.) That’s why chia oat pitaya pudding is one of my all-time favorites. But… we can’t leave out açaí! Smoothie bowls made with this powerful and delicious Brazilian berry is how it all started for Breakfast Criminals, so clearly, there had to be an açaí twist on this favorite.
The Purple Love Bowl has enzyme-rich soaked oats (great for digestion), vitamin C, minerals, fiber and antioxidant-rich açaí. Cashew butter and coconut chips will provide nourishing fats (no cholesterol!), keeping your skin and nails healthy and providing minerals for healthy muscles and bones. Kale is an all-around super healthy dark leafy green that will add a beautiful twist to the heavenly purple color, and you will eat a dose of salad without tasting it. For breakfast. I said it!
Oh and did I mention, this goodness is absolutely delicious, with just the right thick, creamy consistency and a satisfying crunch? Breakfast of champions, plant warrior style (I’m looking at you @tallulaalexandra!)
Ingredients to blend: (makes 1-2 bowls, depending on your appetite)
- 1/2 cup Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain Gluten Free Organic Oatmeal, soaked overnight in water (enough water to cover the oats)
- 1 unsweetened acai smoothie pack (I use Tambor Acai) or 1 scoop acai powder
- 1/2 water or coconut water
- 1/2 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup kale
- 3 fresh strawberries
- 1/2 banana
- 1/3 cup Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain Gluten Free Granola (one of my favorite store bought granolas)
- Dang Coconut Chips (an addiction that goes in breakfasts, on top of salads, and as a snack)
- 1 tbs Windy City Organics Dastony Raw Organic Cashew Butter (one of my favorite things in the world, great as a topping for bowls and oatmeals, or blended in)
- Frontier Coop Organic Raw Cacao Nibs (chocolate in its most raw and powerful form, this brand is my favorite in the world with the most flavor and great texture)