If you’re like me, you know that the right cup of coffee in the morning can define how the rest of your day goes.
And since I got into starting my day with energizing butter coffee, my coffee ritual got a serious upgrade.
My mayan mocha fuels a few hours of productive work, followed by a nourishing savory meal that serves as a breakfast and lunch. The word brunch has a whole new meaning!
I used to be the kind of person who goes out in the morning to buy my coffee, but that’s not been the case since I got a Keurig® K575 coffee maker that makes the perfect cup with a touch of a button. I then blend my freshly brewed coffee with spices like cinnamon, coconut oil and my favorite superfoods to get the metabolism going in the most delicious way possible.
My coffee of choice right now is The Original Donut Shop® Coffee K-Cup® Pods and the recyclable (YAY!) Green Mountain Coffee® Breakfast Blend Coffee K-Cup® Pods (made using top 10% coffee beans in the world).
Onto starting your day with chocolate… breakfast rules are made to be broken!
My most recent obsession is adding raw cacao to my coffee.
I’m excited to share this new cacao coffee recipe with you!
Besides incredible flavor, adding cacao to your morning cup of coffee has the following benefits:
- Cacao contains anandamide, otherwise known as the bliss molecule, which raises serotonin levels and creates a feeling of euphoria
- Can balance hormonal mood swings
- Cacao is an incredible source of antixodiants and vitamins, as well as the following minerals: magnesium, iron, chromium, vanadium, copper, zinc, phosphorus
- Cacao has more calcium than cow’s milk and the highest plant-based source of iron
- Cacao is known to help with heart health and weight loss
If you need any more reasons to try out this recipe, read about the incredible benefits of adding healthy fats to your coffee.
Mayan Mocha Superfood Coffee Recipe
- 3 cups fresh brewed hot coffee
- 1/2 cup cashew mylk (here’s how to make cashew mylk – it’s easy and so worth it). Can be replaced with other milk of your choice 2 TBSP. coconut cream.
- 1 TBSP. raw cacao powder
- 1 TBSP. coconut oil or MCT oil
- 1 tspn. honey
- 1 tspn. cinnamon
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Dash of sea salt
Blend all ingredients on high speed until frothy, serve with love. You can also serve it over ice for a cool version of this delicious superfood drink.
Optional protein boost for glowing skin & sustained energy: 1 serving of collagen.
Optional superfood boosts: 1 tspn. maca powder (for energy and hormonal balance), 1 tspn. Reishi mushroom powder (for liver detoxification), 1 tspn. mesquite (for a dreamy sweet flavor).
This post is in collaboration with Keurig. All opinions, as always, are my own.