If you think coconut yogurt is a delicacy with a high price tag, listen up: you can easily make your own delicious, creamy co-yo at home! All you need is two ingredients–canned full-fat coconut milk and probiotic capsules.
An exceptionally healthy fermented food, coconut yogurt is easy to make and is perfect for parfaits. It’s unsweetened (you can sweeten it to taste) and has more healthy bacteria than a store-bought yogurt.
- 1 can of organic coconut milk (I get Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk on Vitacost)
- 3 dairy free probiotic capsules (I used Life Equals probiotic, you can subscribe to it on life-equals.com with 75% discount, use code “BREAKFASTCRIMINALS75 and read more about this amazing brand that gives back in my interview with founders Chris and Kyle“)
- Mix the milk and probiotics by opening the capsules and adding the contents into the coconut milk. Discard the capsules.
- Close the lid tightly and shake.
- Store the jar in a dark corner on your kitchen counter for three days, shaking or stirring with a clean spoon every 12 hours.
- Then, refrigerate your yogurt, and it will thicken. Once thickened and chilled, serve with your favorite granola, berries, nuts, and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup. Trust me, the jar will be gone very quickly!
If you want a demonstration of how it’s done, check out my friend Willow of CJNutrition’s “How To Make Coconut Milk Yogurt” video.
Coconut Yogurt Parfait
- 1/3 cup coconut yogurt
- 2 tbs granola
- 1 tbs raspberry vanilla bean chia seed jam
- Fresh berries
- Optional chocolate twist: 1 tsp Rawmio chocolate hazelnut spread
C’est parfait! Coconut yogurt parfait with homemade raspberry chia jam, bluebs, raspberries, and @purely_elizabeth granola. I made my own coyo – and it WORKED! yay! I simply mixed 1 can of coconut milk with 4 probiotic capsules (opened) in a glass jar, and left on the counter for 3 days, stirring every 12 hours. Then, refrigerate, and it will thicken! It will be gone very quickly ? #breakfastcriminals p.s. Presentation inspired by @heidikristoffer ? have a beautiful week lovelies! And remember to enter my #purelychakra giveaway to win some @purely_elizabeth granola ? A photo posted by Ksenia Lova, NYC (@breakfastcriminals) on