I love a good chia pudding. Prep it at night (takes 5 minues!), and wake up to a delicious superfood breakfast waiting for you in the fridge. I’ve already shared my super simple Vegan Berry Chia Tahini Pudding and Chia Breakfast Bowl. But that’s are just the beginning. I encourage you to get creative and experiment with your favorite fruit and superfoods.
“I just wanted to say that while I have spent a lifetime being passionate about all things health & wellness and have been obsessed with beautiful vibrant and colorful food, Breakfast Criminals have definitely inspired me to become more creative and playful at breakfast. ”
– Elise Museles, Certified Eating Psychology & Nutrition Expert, kaleandchocolate.com
Last night, I picked up a fruit that I hadn’t seen on the shelves of my local market before. It was sold to me as “asian pear”, but after trying it along with some googling, I’m pretty sure that it’s no more than dragon fruit! While I usually get Pitaya Plus smoothie packs (simply raw frozen dragon fruit), it’s pretty awesome to get my hands on the fruit itself!
I made the chia pudding in a big mason jar, then distributed it into smaller jars and served with fresh berries, dragon fruit, Dang coconut chips, walnuts.
Indulged in Central Park in the sweet company of @livforlife from Luz Almond, who’re planning to bring their sprouted and truly preservative-free almond milk to the US next year. We’re plotting some exciting things for you – stay tuned.
Dragon fruit Berry Bliss Chia Pudding
*vegan, gluten free, added sugar free
- 1.5 cups almond milk (or any nut milk of choice)
- 5 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw walnuts
- 1/3 cup dragon fruit, chopped (try swapping it with mango or more berries)
- 1 tbs Dastony raw stone ground tahini
- 1 tbs Philosophie Berry Bliss Superfood Blend (get 15% off your order with code “breakfastcriminals”)
- 1/3 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 dates, chopped
- Mix all the ingredients in a glass jar with a lid (or other airtight container) and let it sit. Stir again in 15 minutes, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with fresh berries, dragon fruit, coconut chips, walnuts and love.