I’m a big fan of starting each day with a superfood meal. It provides the perfect boost of energy and makes it easier to resist cravings during the day.
My go-to breakfast is a smoothie bowl made with acai, berries, superfoods and kale. Yes, I’m obsessed with kale and sneak it even into my breakfast for an alkalizing and anti-inflammatory effect, but the fun part is that you don’t even taste the greens!
Here’s one of my favorite superfood smoothie bowl recipes — it promotes healthy digestion, detoxifies, reduces inflammation, improves skin, and leaves your feeling energized and ready to conquer the world!
INGREDIENTS TO BLEND:
- 1 unsweetened açaí smoothie pack (I use Tambor Acai)
- ½ cup frozen kale
- ½ mango
- 1 cup organic frozen raspberries and blackberries
- 1 tsp. organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp. maca
- 1 tsp. baobab
- 1 cup almond milk (Califia is a favorite, or I make my own using Anita Goa’s method)
TOPPINGS (get creative!)
- Blueberry Hemp Ancient Grain Granola (I make my own superfood granola or go for Purely Elizabeth gluten free ancient grain granola)
- Dang coconut chips
Eat with love.