Hey guys, I’m excited to share this guest recipe by Jessica from NanaBowls, Thailand’s first healthy smoothie bowl company based in Phuket! Breakfast ice cream bowls made from bananas are their specialty – with no added sugars and a good dose of healthy protein.
Think thick, cold, creamy, sweet, indulgent and crunchy all in one. YUM! This “nice cream” bowl has absolutely no dairy, gluten or added sugars (not even dates or honey). It’s packed with healthy fats, superfoods and plant-based protein, so it’s perfect for all you fitsters, yogis and health gurus.
Enjoy this bowl anytime of day, pre or post-workout, in the morning or late at night. Happy tummy guaranteed.
- 2 frozen bananas (peel before freezing)
- 1 small ripe pear or plum (or Thai lamut, if you have access to it!)
- 4 TBSP coconut milk
- 1 TBSP crushed peanuts (optional)
- 20g plant protein powder (pea, brown rice or hemp are best)
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Blend all the ingredients together (except the crushed peanuts) using a top loading blender (not a NutriBullet) or food processor (you won’t need to add any water) until a thick, smooth and creamy consistency. If you want some extra crunch, then hand-stir in the crushed peanuts – these add an amazing texture!
2. Pour into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings – we love a sprinkle of bee pollen, fresh banana slices, a drizzle of peanut butter and a spoon of crunchy homemade granola!
3. #GrabASpoon and enjoy!